Federal resume writing service. Land your dream position with the government
Work for US government offers the opportunity to impact the lives of other Americans, strengthen the nation's safety and security, and get benefits that little private sector companies can offer. Our federal resume writing services offers personalized approach to every job-seeker to ensure that you'll get noticed and appreciated.
The benefits of hiring our government resume writers
- 100% custom writing. Our resume experts draft every application from scratch, ensuring that it meets your requirements and goals. No templates or pre-written text, as customization is a must in modern resume writing.
- Effective deadlines. Applying once the vacancy announcement is posted boosts your chances to be considered. Our federal resume writers will return the completed resume or selection criteria within 24 hours without compromising the quality.
- Timely delivery. ResumePerk.com resume writing service delivers all order on time. In case we fail to do so, you can claim a full refund according to our Terms and Conditions. We value our customers and their time.
- Unlimited edits. If you need to update or revise the written resume, we are here to assist. We offer a free 2-week revision period, and you can claim as many revisions as you like provided that your comments do not differ from original instruction.
- Ongoing support. Chat with us for a free consultation about services, resume types or to solve a technical ussies. No chatbots - only human support reps are online 24/7 and eager to assist with any questions.
- Highly qualified resume writers. Our team comprises of experienced or certified federal resume pros, some of which have an HR experience. They are well aware of the intricacies and best practices to position you well for the government jobs.
Why seek help of a federal resume writing service?
Many people think of resumes as something they could do by themselves, but think twice. Are you sure that your writing skills are strong enough to describe your strengths as a candidate? Do you know how to tailor your application so that it's even seen by human hiring managers? And finally, can you be confident that you aren't making one of the mistakes that can cost you an interview whatsoever?
In this regard, a federal resume writer works as a safety net, saving you from resume mistakes and helping you get noticed for the jobs you're qualified for. Here are more little-known benefits:
- Save your time and energy. If you lack resume skills or knowledge, you'll have to put in hours and hours of hard work. This is an equivalent to working the second shift after your main job. Why not give yourself a rest and let resume writers and career coaches do it faster and better?
- Better results in federal job search. When the resume emphasizes the right skill sets, qualifications and uses the right keywords, it is more likely to be shortlisted from other job candidates in the hiring process and you'll end up getting hired faster.
- Beat the competition. Some federal job adverts posted on USAJobs attract hundreds of job-seekers. With the right resume, specific for federal government jobs, you'll increase your chance for a dream job and a promising career path.
What's so special about federal resume writing?
Just like in private sector job, you'll need a resume for the application process, yet federal resume writing is very different in nature. The experts of our resume service share these resume guidelines:
- A federal resume can take multiple pages. It requires more details comparing to the private sector resume. Moreover, you should describe work history, core competencies and education in their entirety on the contrary to traditional resumes where some information may be omitted.
- Include your name and job grade after your name and email address. This is the classic structure of any government resume and you should follow it to be considered. Check out resume samples online to get an idea of the structure.
- List the salary and supervisor's name in addition to the role and job duration. Department of Homeland Security and other federal organization require more details than any non-profit or for-profit company.
- Mention special hiring authorities. Veterans, disabled persons and Peace Corps volunteers are given preferences for most government positions. So if you fall under either of these categories, make it visible on your resume.
- Follow each and every guideline for federal resume writing as listed in USAJobs or in the job posting. This includes character count, information to be included, writing style, etc. Resume selection with government is more formalized, and non-compliance can be costly.
- List the keywords for applicant tracking systems. Use the skill names, qualifications, and competencies in the very form they are specified in the job listing. In this way, you'll attract more attention and boost your chance for employment.
- Describe the experience comprehensively. Since you don't have a one-page limit, list responsibilities and accomplishments in full. The experts of our resume writing services recommend that you include all jobs from the beginning of your career, even if they were in different career fields.
- Use strong resume verbs. Powerful resume language will also do you good. So, don't overuse "managed" and "responsible for". Use words that emphasize your impact, i.e. "Conceptualized", "Developed", "Streamlined".
All professional writers rely on these practices. Yet, not every resume writer is qualified to work on complex federal resumes. Before hiring resume writing services, you want to make sure they are reliable and have the necessary skill sets.
How do you tell a reliable federal resume service?
- Browse testimonials or ask for advice. All good federal resume writing services will post comments from their clients on their website or LinkedIn page. You can also browse independent review websites such as Trustpilot. Websites with positive feedback are more likely to deliver satisfactory documents to you as well.
- Ask about guarantees. Creditworthy companies are willing to return your money if you aren't happy with the resume or in case of non-delivery. Also, most good companies will agree to revise your federal resume for free according to your comments and wishes so that it better suits your demands. Yet, interview guarantee is a 'red flag' - no resume company can secure you an interview!
- Ask about writers qualifications. Ideally, all federal resume writers should have a respective certifications, or 2+ years of experience with resumes. If the company is secretive about education or location of their writers, chances are that they work with low-qualified freelancers.
- Or, don't waste your time and find a writer at ResumePerk.com! Our writers have a strict selection criteria and we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Moreover, 98% of our customers left satisfied and gave us a good rating.
We pick the best qualified resume writer for your order
To complete the best possible document, we have handpicked and trained the team of writers who are well aware of the requirements for jobs posted at USAJobs and understand the preferences of hiring managers. Before joining us, all writers have to take timed subject matter and English proficiency tests, and then provide resume samples. We work with experts who are located in the US and other English-speaking countries and have a BA or MA degree. Less than 8% of applicants eventually join our team!
How does it work?
The writing process is fast, secure and strictly confidential. Every bit of information you share with us remains in secret. Here's how it looks like with our federal resume writers:
- Choose your package and place an order. We offer a coupon for 20% off to all new customers, and if you don't have a coupon, ask us in chat.
- Upload your old resume and a job posting. This is necessary for the writer to tailor the application.
- Sit back and relax. Note that you can message the writer directly, anytime. They also might ask you extra questions to develop the better resume content.
- Download an editable DOCX resume. You have two weeks to ask for updates and amendments for free.
Resume writing services, adjusted to all career levels
Government jobs strictly vary by grades, and require versatile experience and skill sets. At ResumePerk.com, we provide resume services at all levels:
- Entry-level jobs that correspond with GS 5 level or below for candidates who don't have much government experience and relevant skills;
- Mid-level positions and supervisory positions for experienced candidates who are working they way up through the ranks of government service;
- Senior executive service (SES) professionals with GS 15 grade or above, who need to emphasize leadership, extensive experience and a track record of successes.
Effective and customized resume packages
Apart from a federal resume you can also order extra career documents:
- Cover letter that is customized to the specific government position, reveals your motivation and communicates soft skills;
- KSA that expands your abilities and credentials as they relate to the specific federal government position;
- LinkedIn profile that serves as a social proof, makes you searchable online and works for your personal brand;
- Thank-you note after the interview that reiterates your interest in the role and helps you stay top of mind for a hiring manager;
- Interview coaching from our federal resume writer in the form of interview tips.
We offer cost-effective federal resume writing services
Various website charge between $100 and $500+ per a single resume. So, what should a resume writing service cost? We recommend that you don't overpay, as, in most cases, you can find the same level of quality with cheaper companies. Unless you need advanced services such as personal branding, interview coaching or career consulting, you can get a decent federal resume at $150 or so. However, it's important to find trustworthy organization as we suggested above.
At our company the price depends on deadlines, so you can save simply by choosing a longer time frame for preparing your order. On the flip side, we offer premium services if you want outstanding quality. For example, you can choose the US writer or a free resume update within 1 year. Double-check of your order by a PhD editor is also available at a small extra fee.
Why entrust your federal resume to ResumePerk.com?
Apart from a federal resume you can also order extra career documents:
- Aligned with the USAJobs guidelines and tailored with the particular job listing;
- Writers from English-speaking countires and a BA/MA degree;
- Pay conveniently and securely with any Visa or MasterCard credit card;
- Original resume writing services based on your instruction;
- 12+ years on the resume writing market;
- Customer support that works around the clock, no days off;
- 98% client satisfaction rate, according to our internal rating system;
- 20% off your first order and progressive discounts for returning clients.
Keep in touch!
Subscribe now and receive information about our services.
- Receive free resume tips from our experts every week;
- Find out more how to succeed on an interview;
- How to define your advantages and disadvantages;
- How to choose effective resume writing service;
- How to increase efficiency of your job search.