Monster Resume Writing Service Review | ResumePerk
Is Monster resume writing service worth it? Review & tips
When job search doesn't go as smoothly as expected, many professionals consider resume writing services. An experienced resume writer can improve your old document or create a new one for you from scratch, helping you land more interviews.
Yet, it is important to find a reliable resume service if you want your job search to be a success. To help you choose, today we will review one of the most popular resume writing services - Monster.com.
Monster is a platform where job seekers can apply for open positions and find helpful career building tips. They also offer cover letter and resume writing services, which is convenient - you don't need to look for resume writers elsewhere. Read this Monster resume review before placing an order, so you can know what to expect from the company.
Are you looking for a fast and reliable resume writing service? ResumePerk offers personalized, achievement-driven resumes with 24-hour delivery. Your assigned writer will prepare a custom resume written with your target job in mind. Speak to your writer anytime during the resume writing process to set expectations and discuss the details. Plus, our agency offers free, unlimited revisions until you are 100% satisfied.
What can job-seekers find on Monster?
Monster is a job board where you can browse new career opportunities. By using advanced search, you can look for job openings by title, skills, location, and other parameters. The platform also allows you to upload your resume to get found by employers.
The website also offers career advice and tips about job search, resume writing, and professional development. There are also plenty of resume samples and templates for different industries, so you could get inspired to prepare your resume.
Monster resume writing service is a relatively new feature, although many job-seekers have already tried it and left their feedback. Let's have a closer look at their services and process.
About Monster resume writing services
The company offers resume, cover letter, and additional services that come in three packages. The cheapest Monster resume is $149, which includes a resume alone with a 5-day delivery. The most advanced Premier package is $349. At this price, you will receive a resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile makeover in 2 days.
As you see, a Monster resume is not free. Although, if you are looking for free tips and resources, you can take advantage of their blog which has plenty of guidance for writing resumes in different industries.
Monster company has over 20 years of industry expertise, and they leverage it to prepare resumes for a variety of fields. As the website says, all resumes are customized to show off your skills and expertise. Plus, they offer a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, which means they will rewrite your resume for free if you're not happy.
Other resume writing services include cover letter writing and LinkedIn profile completion. Yet, they are available only if you purchase the most expensive package, and there isn't an option to order them separately.
Monster states that all their resume writers are certified and completed professional development programs. Yet, they do not specify what exact certifications their writers hold. The resume writing field has plenty of certifications, each of which means different levels of proficiency.
Writers also have expertise in human resources and recruitment, which is sure an advantage, as they understand how potential employers scan resumes and what matters most to them. It isn't clear, though, where the writers are located and where they gained expertise.
How Monster resume writing services work
The resume writing process is a point to consider when you choose a professional to prepare your documents. Here's how everything works on the Monster platform:
- Choose your package and pay for a resume service.
- Complete a lengthy questionnaire to tell about your education, skills, and career history. You'll also be asked to provide your old resume.
- The system will match you with a qualified resume writer who will get in touch if they have questions about your background. You'll receive the first draft according to the deadline you've chosen.
- Review your professionally written resume and ask for a revision if necessary. Note that you'll have only one revision for the Monster resume.
As you see, the process is fully remote and involves little collaboration between you and the writer. If this is what you prefer, then you might want to consider this service.
What customers say about Monster
Customer reviews are a great source of information for choosing any product or service. On the internet, there are plenty of reviews of the Monster website. Taking a look at some reviews will help you understand more about how the company works, writers' qualifications, and what to expect.
Monster resume service is quite popular among customers, so you can find lots of reviews and feedback on independent review websites. For example, TrustPilot has 8,753 reviews with a 3.2/5 average rating. This isn't the best rating for a resume writing service, as many similar companies have a 4/5 rating and above.
There are both good and negative Monster resume service reviews. Some customers mention good customer service and note that the resume was great and worth the service cost. Others report receiving a subpar resume that didn't meet their expectations and had errors. All in all, be sure to be a bit skeptical when reading reviews as you never know who these reviews come from.
Pros and cons of using Monster to write your resume
Now that we have covered the main features of Monster resume writing service, here is a summary of the main advantages and disadvantages:
- Monster.com is a trusted, reliable company with 20+ years of experience. It also has an inbound job board, so you can get your resume written and distributed.
- Affordable prices. Monster resume packages vary from $149 to $349, which is cheaper than most executive resume writing service companies.
- Convenient remote process. You complete a questionnaire, send an old resume and receive a brand-new document. This remote cooperation is convenient for busy professionals.
- 60-day satisfaction guarantee. If you're not happy, they'll rewrite it for free.
- The mobile app is available. You can download the app and check updates for your newly written resume, apply for jobs, and more.
- Free helpful resources - resume templates and examples, and blog articles on career development and job search.
- Packages are not customizable. In other words, you cannot order a cover letter separately, only as an addition to your custom resume.
- No information about writers' credentials, their certifications, and the specialized training they've completed to work on resumes.
- Some customers gave this service one or two stars on Trustpilot and other third-party review websites.
- When you order a resume or other services, you only get one free revision, which might be not enough in some situations.
- The company has no phone number available or live chat, so it might be difficult to get in touch with them urgently.
Monster resume service: The bottom line
Monster is an established global company where job-seekers can apply for jobs, post a resume and find free helpful career tips and guidance. It also offers custom resume writing services from certified writers and professionals in recruitment.
Prices are quite affordable and the process is quick - you can get your documents in just 2 days. On the flip side, it is difficult to check writers' credentials. Plus, they offer limited revisions and resume packages (such as the basic package or Career Evolution) lack flexibility.
To top it off, we recommend comparing at least 3-4 resume writers, considering their pricing and features to choose the best service provider for your needs.
Choosing a resume writing service: 6 tips
If you are looking for a reliable resume writer at the moment, take these tips into account to find a company that will meet your expectations:
- Research and review. Research several resume writing companies, and compare their terms of service and reviews from clients. Ask around - chances are that a former coworker or a friend can recommend someone. Check reputable third-party websites, for example, TrustPilot and Google Reviews, for helpful insights.
- Review resume examples. Request examples of previous work from the company. Review these examples to get an idea of their writing style, formatting, and the quality of the document in general. Take a look at the template and readability, and ask if the templates they use are optimized for ATS, otherwise, your resume might get tossed. If possible, request examples written for your target industry.
- Ask about guarantees. Guarantees aren't usually the first thing that comes to mind, but do yourself a favor and ask if the company offers satisfaction with their services and if they return your money if something goes wrong. For example, at ResumePerk, we offer free unlimited revisions for 14 days after delivery. Moreover, we issue refunds if we haven't completed your order on time.
- Check the writers' qualifications. It is best not to work with freelancers you found online if you cannot check their expertise. When choosing a resume service, ask how many years of experience their writers have and if they hold a CPRW (certified professional resume writer) or similar certification. Consider their expertise in your specific field as well - a writer specializing in federal resumes is unlikely to create a stellar marketing manager resume for a digital agency.
- Consider the cost and value. Do not choose the cheapest services available, as you might get a substandard quality. Instead, compare the prices of different providers and evaluate what you will receive. What exactly does your package include? How many revisions do they allow? Thus, you will get the best value for your investment.
- Find out how the writing process works. The process is different with various companies - some will ask you to complete a questionnaire while others might schedule a phone call. Ask how exactly they work and see if this is comfortable for you. Consider their customer service and communication as well. Do they have an instant live chat or a toll-free phone? Good customer service often indicates a great, reliable company.
Using resume builders or AI tools to update your resume cannot compare to the value that an experienced resume writer can bring. Take some time evaluating various resume service providers to choose the optimal process and quality of writing. Whether you choose to order a Monster resume or opt for a different company, we wish you good luck in your job search!
Accelerate your job search with professional help
ResumePerk is a resume writing service with 14+ years of expertise and an extensive team of in-house writers. We prepare custom resumes for every industry, including tech, hospitality, accounting and finance, healthcare, business management, and federal, to name a few. With the help of a pro writer, you can cut weeks or even months of your job search.
You'll work one-on-one with an expert writer, and can get your documents done in just 24 hours! Contact us to find out more and get a personalized discount.