12 Trending LinkedIn Hashtags (And How to Use Them)
LinkedIn is the ultimate resource for all ambitious professionals. It allows you to network, stay in touch with everyone you crossed paths professionally, and to browse new opportunities. However, not everyone is using this social media site to its fullest. And hashtags are one of the commonly overlooked tools.
Hashtags on LinkedIn serve multiple goals. First, they allow expanding the reach of your publications by allowing people interested in relevant content to find you. Second, they work great for networking and encourage discussions. And finally, you can use them to find posts interesting content. Today, the writer from our creative resume writing service will guide you through the effective use of LinkedIn hashtags for expanding your network and job search.
Get your LinkedIn profile updated professionally
A resume alone is not enough for an effective job search today. The employers will look up for your media presence, so your LinkedIn profile can make or break the success of your job hunting. Moreover, a complete profile will secure you more views and more attention from recruiters sourcing talent through this media. The writing experts of Resumeperk.com can create a professional profile, highlighting your accomplishments and using the right keywords to increase your visibility.
12 trending LinkedIn hashtags
To get the most out of LinkedIn, you need to share quality content with your network regularly. Sharing informative postings is a great way to expand your network and create an image of a professional who keeps up with the news and trend in your industry. Once you’ve decided what to post, end your entries with one (or several) of relevant hashtags:
- #Management. This hashtag will work for articles about management tips, best practices in the top companies, or your own relevant professional story. By the way, this tag is near the top of the hottest hashtags on LinkedIn.
- #Business. A very broad tag which you can use in a variety of contexts to get your post in front of the audience of business owners, managers, entrepreneurs, salespeople, and more. Many professional stories have something to do with business, so it’ll be relevant for inspiring stories, case studies, reposts, etc.
- #Work. Another common hashtag that you can use both for a job ad or for an article about preventing professional burnout. Literally any work-related post will get more visible with this tag.
- #Humanresources. LinkedIn is commonly used by HR professionals looking for new talent. Use this hashtag to promote your publication to a wide HR audience. For instance, you can add it to your job-hunting post.
- #Office. Unless you are writing for digital nomads, posts about office life, memes or tips for regaining work motivation can be accompanied by this tag. People are following this tag for both entertaining and helpful content, so don’t hesitate to take advantage of it.
- #Technology. Technology becomes more common in all industries. So, this hashtag can be added both for an article about the recent invention or about work in a tech company.
Want to get hired by a top technology company? Check out how to increase your odds: http://resumeperk.com/blog/secrets-for-getting-a-job-at-apple-google-or-microsoft.
- #Success. People are fascinated by success stories and interested in helpful guides for achieving success. If your piece of content falls under any of these categories, add this hashtag. It works equally well with a post about becoming a salesperson of the year or recommendations for stress management during job interview.
- #Creativity. With the growing demand for creative professionals and creativity as a skill for finding new solutions, posts about creativity will definitely evoke the interest. Don’t forget to add this hashtag, though.
- #Quotes. Quotes of entrepreneurs, scientists or celebrities is one of the most popular content types in all social media including LinkedIn. Use this tag to attract the attention of people looking to get inspired or motivated.
- #Jobs. A great hashtag to advertise a job posting or to let the wide audience know that you’re available. For the same purpose, you can also use tags #JobOpening, #Careers or #Employment.
- #Life. Use this tag for any type of content related to life outside of the office, such as work-life balance tips or general advice on making life more meaningful and full of inspiration. It can be used for a broad range of topics.
- #Leadership. Leadership is one of the top soft skills sought after by employers. Respectively, people who are looking to advance their leadership skills follow this tag for inspirational advice and practical tips on becoming better leaders.
How to use hashtags effectively?
To make the most out of your post with the help of hashtags, make sure you use them appropriately and correctly. In particular, keep in mind the following points:
✓ Capitalize the hashtags which consist of multiple words. For instance, #JobSearchGuide, not #jobsearchguide. Not only the latter tag is more difficult to read, but also it might be read incorrectly.
✓ Add hashtags at the end of the post. In this case, they won’t distract the reader from the content of your publication.
✓ Don’t add spaces. Otherwise, only the first word after the # symbol will count as a hashtag, and the rest of the words will go as a plain text.
✓ Don’t use punctuation marks. Hashtags work with words only. No spaces, hyphens or apostrophes – they all prevent your tag from being read correctly.
✓ Know the limits. Although LinkedIn sets no limits for hashtag use, the best tactic is to use under 5-7 hashtags under the post. Adding dozens of tags not only looks unprofessional, but also might lead to getting your post marked as spam by LinkedIn.
✓ Take advantage of niche tags. In addition to the popular hashtags mentioned above, make sure to use niche hashtags associated with your industry, employer or the group of people you are writing the post for.
✓ Use location as a hashtag. Are you addressing the audience from a particular region? In this case, adding the location with a hashtag increase your chances of getting found by the right people.
✓ Consider the suggested hashtags. As you write the post, LinkedIn will automatically suggest the relevant hashtags. Include them if they look appropriate.
✓ Don’t make reposts with hashtags only. If you are reposting news, article or video, avoid limiting your input to hashtags only. Write at least a few words or sentences to express your opinion, and only then insert the hashtags.
How to use hashtags for job search?
If you are looking for the next opportunity, hashtags on LinkedIn can be a helpful resource. Here’s how exactly you can use them to speed up the job-hunting process:
- Write a post asking for referrals or introductions. Tell a few words about yourself, your expertise and let everyone know you are open to new opportunities. Don’t forget to add relevant hashtags, i.e. #Resume, #JobHunt, etc. However, note that if you’re job-hunting while on the job this method might be not for you.
- Follow the relevant hashtags. HR professionals or recruiters post job openings under such tags as #NowHiring, #Employment, or #Jobs. Follow these tags daily to stay aware of the fresh opportunities. Also, you might want to check local (i.e. #LosAngelesJobs) or industry hashtags (#techjobs).
- Show the recruiters that you are available. Not exactly about keywords, but it’s helpful to let the recruiters know that you are open to new opportunities. Go to the Career Interests section on LinkedIn and turn on this option.
Using hashtags correctly helps you grow your network and increase the number of connections through publishing engaging content. They can also be used to look for new opportunities. So, if you’ve overlooked this tool before, it’s high time that you use hashtags to make your posts more visible.
Get a professionally done resume, quickly
LinkedIn is an effective job search tool these days, but you still need a traditional resume. If your old resume looks dull, it’s time to get in touch with a proficient custom resume writing service. A savvy writer will create a new resume focusing on your strengths and achievements. We offer 24-hour delivery option to the job-seekers in a rush. Take a look at prices and services we offer and feel free to reach out to us via chat anytime.