Resume Consultation Services for Every Job-Seeker
When you are about to start applying for jobs, what will you do first? Update a LinkedIn profile to inform the recruiters you're open? Prepare letters of recommendation from former supervisors and colleagues? Or maybe, contact your friend who is now an HR in a recruitment agency and ask them to put in a word for you?
All of the above is definitely worth doing, but, first of all, consider hiring a resume consultant. Job-seekers often underestimate the influence of a well-written resume on their interview chances. The statistic says for itself: out of 250+ applicants for a coprorate job posting, only 4 to 6 get interviewed. And, since hiring managers spend under 10 seconds on each resume, your application has to be compelling from the first lines, as well as error-free. Take a look at the most common career situations when a resume writer can save the day.
5 signs you need professional resume writing services
- You're not getting interviews. Probably, this is the most disturbing sign that makes job-seekers seek external help. An expert from a resume writing service will help identify and fix crucial mistakes that stand between you and the job of your dreams.
- You're changing career. Career switch is toughest to explain on a resume and cover letter. You are supposed to draw connections between 10+ years of experience as, say, a customer service rep and a target job as an English tutor. Resume writers can do it more effectively!
- You're aiming for a promotion. When writing a resume for a role above your level of responsibility, it's necessary to emphasize the ability to take charge, interact with others, and stay calm under pressure. An expert can prepare a professionally written resume not for the role you currently have, but for the advancement you seek.
- Writing isn't your forte. Some professionals aren't naturally good at writing, and that's completely okay. You can excel in a career of accountant, graphic artist, or a web developer without strong writing abilities. Yet, when it comes to job search, it's best to partner with a pro who can articulate your strengths on paper.
- You desperately lack time. If you are busy with job, personal and other commitments, paying to a resume service is a sensible decision. It's best to hire a professional who will draft a quality document for you than to compose it by yourself in a rush and miss excellent opportunities.
At ResumePerk.com, we offer resume writing services and a resume makeover. In each case, we partner you with a professional resume writer, but the scope of work is different. Take a look at how the two compare below.
What kinds of resume writing services do we offer?
• Resume writing entails preparation of the new document based on the information you provide. Depending on your goals, the writer may rewrite your resume or build one from scratch. This service includes custom writing, adding keywords, developing a layout and design. We don't use templates or pre-written text, so each document is original. Resume writing comes with unlimited revisions for 2 weeks.
• Resume editing includes the improvement of your current resume by a professional writer. This service is best when you're generally satisfied with the resume you have, and only want to slightly update it and check for mistakes. The writer will improve your existing text as well as polish the layout and visual appearance.
Are there free resume writing services?
The truth is, every company offering to write your resume free of charge would be a scam. Every experienced resume writer needs to be fairly compensated. However, at ResumePerk.com, we offer some extras to our visitors for free:
• A free resume review. Send us your resume, and one of our in-house resume consultants will review it for free. We will send you a brief report covering strengths and weaknesses of your resume as well as recommend the appropriate type of service. Our experts typically respond in 3-5 business days.
• Free resume writing blog. You can find free resume, interview and career advice in our blog. We regularly update it with some fresh posts to help you boost your job search.
What are the most common resume mistakes?
The main advantage of working with resume writers is that you'll avoid writing mistakes that lead to rejecting your applicaition. Based on the experience of our consultants, we have collected the biggest mistakes below. Check if you are making any of these mistakes:
Making the resume too long
One-page resume is a rule of thumb for most graduates and entry-level job seekers. If you have 10+ years of experience, it's acceptable to add the second page. Remember that the resume has nothing to do with an autobiography. You don't have to tell about every position in your career and about every task that you performed.
Lack of focus
The best resume writers recommend that you create one resume for each position, or for several positions with the same job title. Don't list positions and activities if they aren't relevant to your target job. You may also omit jobs you had over 15 years ago, as it's the most recent experience that matters to employers. Each section of your resume has to make it clear why you would be a good fit for the role.
Typos and grammar mistakes
Did you know that 59% of recrutiers will reject a resume that has typos and grammar issues? To avoid them, it's necessary to proofread the text several times before sending it to a company. You may want to use an online spell checker (such as Grammarly.com), read the text backwards line by line or ask a friend to take a look at it.
Not tailoring the resume
Adding resume keywords is a necessity if you want to land your dream job. Most companies now use applicant tracking systems (ATS) that reject resumes which seem irrelevant. Read the job posting carefully and use the same names of skills, qualifications and credentials that the job posting uses. In this way, you are more likely to pass the resume robot.
Not including a cover letter
45% of recruiters reject resumes for not including a cover letter. However, avoid attaching a superficial and generic letter. Each letter should be targeted for a particular position as well as show your personality and motivation. It also has to answer any questions that a recruiter might have upon reading a resume (for example, why you changed three jobs in the last year).
Is it expensive to have a resume professionally written?
Online resume services pricing varies from $100 to $1,000 per resume. Everything depends on writer's qualifications, location, and the package you choose. More expensive packages also include interview coaching, career consulting and other services apart from a resume service.
Yet, you don't need to overpay for work of professional resume writers. At ResumePerk.com, we offer resume composition at a discounted price, starting at $87. This charge is one-time and final, no hidden fees. The price includes writing a resume from scratch, adding keywords, using a custom template and 2 weeks of free revisions.
Cooperate with the best resume writing service
At ResumePerk.com, we are proud to offer a truly personalized resume service. Every resume consultant in our team has a college degree and specializes in certain industries. You can purchase a resume only or choose an all-inclusive package with a resume cover letter, LinkedIn profile and thank-you note. All documents are prepared in line with your career goals to help you land job interviews. Resume writing process takes between 24 hours and 5 days, and you can choose a turnaround time.
Still hesitating about working with a professional resume writing service? Get 20% off your first order on chat.
Keep in touch!
Subscribe now and receive information about our services.
- Receive free resume tips from our experts every week;
- Find out more how to succeed on an interview;
- How to define your advantages and disadvantages;
- How to choose effective resume writing service;
- How to increase efficiency of your job search.