Why hire a local resume writer?
A good resume service can give you a competitive edge over other job-seekers, present your qualifications in the good light and eventually maximize your interview chances. That’s why professionals of all levels look for resume writers near me – to get a flawless and persuasive resume.
Not all resume services near me are equally good, though. You need to choose a company that strikes the balance between the high quality of writing and affordability. It’s also recommended that you opt for a local resume agency. Today, we will uncover the benefits of hiring a resume writing professional as well as explain why it’s best to work with a local company.
Looking for resume services near me?
Relieve your resume writing stress and try working with the best economical resume CV writers online. A professional writer will make your resume shine by fixing all mistakes and focusing on your strengths and accomplishments. An American resume creator will also add the relevant keywords and adapt your resume for a job posting, boosting your chance to get noticed.
Reasons to hire professional resume writers near me
The internet is full of companies offering resume assistance. However, in most cases, it’s best to work with a writer located in your city or state, and here’s why:
1) The writer understands the local labor market. The resume requirements, as well as the employers’ expectations, vary in different countries and even states. When searching for a resume service near me, you can rest assured that the writer understands local standards and will prepare your resume in accordance with them.
2) The writer is located in your time zone. Your resume maker has the same working hours as you, which streamlines communication. You can discuss your expectations from a resume when it’s convenient for you, and the writer will get back to you shortly. This ensures the creation of a resume you’ll be happy with.
3) The writer will save your time. Writing and rewriting of a resume can be pretty time-consuming. If you don’t have skills specific to resume writing, you might spend late nights every day updating and fixing the document. If you choose to work with resume writing services near me, you’ll get a submission-ready resume in a matter of days.
4) Professional writers deliver quality. Even if you’re good at writing, a resume you’ve written on your own might have a few shortcomings here and there. And these shortcomings can turn the recruiters away. A resume writer near me works on each and every component of your resume, from content to layout and presentation, making sure that everything is flawless.
5) The writer helps you land a job faster. A resume done in accordance with the employers’ demands and free from any errors will definitely attract more attention from recruiters and hiring managers. As a result, you’ll have a chance to find new employment faster than if you had applied with a resume you had written on your own.
7 tips to overcome the job search anxiety
The job-hunting process comes with a great deal of anxiety and uncertainty. You never know if you’ll hear back from a hiring manager after sending your resume and how long the process of landing a new job will take. Moreover, you are likely to encounter a great deal of rejection which definitely doesn’t make the job-hunting process more pleasant.
Previously, we’ve written how to get less nervous for job interview. And today we are going to reveal how to make the entire job search process a less stressful experience:
- Create a job search routine
If you’re unemployed right now, you probably feel out of control over your professional life. To make your days structured and stay motivated for job search, consider creating a schedule. Plan all activities pertaining to job search such as writing resumes and cover letters, finding new job postings, reaching out to recruiters, etc. Set the time frame for all of these activities and spend the most of your day on them. Having a routine will keep you organized and help find a job faster since you’ll be making regular efforts and working hard towards it.
- Prepare thoroughly
In most cases, anxiety appears when you don’t know what to expect. Thus, you’ll significantly reduce it by doing your homework and thoroughly preparing for each new activity or even. If it’s an interview that makes your legs shake, research the possible interview questions and learn the information about the company. If you’re going to a conference or event, create an elevator pitch to introduce yourself to new people and think over what you have to offer to a prospective employer. Practice makes perfection, or at least reduces the stress.
Being unemployed is financially challenging. Check out the effective ways to save more money.
- Learn to cope with criticism and rejection
You are likely to face a great deal of criticism and rejection before you finally get an offer. Resume consultant near me highlights the importance of dealing with rejection and negative feedback. Admit the fact that you cannot be a perfect candidate for every employer out there and remember that there will always be more opportunities out there. Also, consider asking for feedback from the hiring person if they didn’t give you a job offer. Chances are, they’ll share constructive criticism and point out the areas where you lacked as a candidate, helping you get better prepared the next time.
Do you struggle to respond to constructive criticism? Check out our tips on dealing with feedback: http://resumeperk.com/blog/effective-ways-to-face-criticism-at-the-workplace.
- Seek emotional support
Keeping the job search struggles and frustrations to yourself is a surefire way to emotional burnout and anxiety. When you feel depressed or simply uneasy about how the process is going, the best tactic is to reach out for support. Share your worries with a family member, a significant other or a close friend. Many people have gone through a frustrating job search and will be happy to share their experience and give helpful tips. Consider joining a support group in the local career center. In addition to getting psychological support, you might also find career resources that will assist in your job search.
- Stay positive
This might sound trivial, but keeping on a positive note can actually bring better outcomes in your job search. Firstly, when you maintain a positive attitude, you are focused on finding a job, not on your limiting belief and setbacks. Thus, you’ll keep searching for opportunities and attending interviews. Secondly, employers prefer candidates who display a positive attitude and enthusiasm rather than show a desperate need for a job. And finally, a positive mindset makes you a pleasant person to be around with.
If you haven’t been in high spirits due to a frustrating job search recently, here’s how to set your mind in the right way: http://resumeperk.com/blog/how-to-use-positive-thinking-for-your-career.
- Use the anxiety relieving techniques
To beat the chronic stress and anxiety, try a few techniques and stay on those that work best for you. For example, start with the basics: sleep no less than 7 hours a day, have regular meals and drink herbal teas with honey instead of coffee to calm your nerves. Try meditation and breathing exercises – they help you focus on the present moment rather than concentrating on your worries. Listen to relaxing music before going to bed or early in the morning. Choose the type of physical activity which appeals to you and exercise regularly. These methods won’t help you find a job faster, but will keep your mental well-being.
- Keep your expectations realistic
You aren’t likely to find a job overnight or in a few days even if you’ve ordered resume help near me. Most likely, it will take you to send dozens of applications, attend countless interviews and network a lot before you land that dream opportunity. That’s how the job search process works, so don’t expect immediate results. Set yourself up for success, but be prepared to work hard to find a lucrative and prestigious job. Focus on the positive moments and on the lessons learned rather on the setbacks. This kind of mindset will make your job search more productive and positive.
Find local resume services near me
Seeking professional consultations can be of great help in your job search. There are plenty of services offering career consulting, interview coaching and resume writing assistance. If the latter is what you need, our American resume creators will be glad to help. We work on the content, keywords, and design of your resume to write a document that truly stands out. This month, you can get an attractive 20% discount for resume assistance near me. Contact us on chat to claim your discount code.